Ketamine Powder (Ketalar)Ketamine Powder (Ketalar)
Ketamine is a medication that is used to induce loss of consciousness or anesthesia. It can produce relaxation and relieve pain in humans
Why is Ketamine Used Medically?
- Ketamine can provide pain relief and short-term memory loss (for example, amnesia of a medical procedure).
- In surgery, it is used as an induction and maintenance agent for sedation and to provide general anesthesia.
- It has also been used for pain control in burn therapy, battlefield injuries, and in children who cannot use other anesthetics due to side effects or allergies.
- Ketamine, through blocking at the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) site, has rapid action in controlling symptoms of depression and acute suicidal ideation.
- At normal doses, it is often preferred as an anesthetic in patients at risk of bronchospasm and respiratory depression.